I have started working on loft however facing following problem. I'm new to doing loft floor work.
Briefing : Old part of house have 50w x 70h joist at 300mm space. New extension have 50w x 170h joist at 600mm space. Trying to leveling old to putting additional joist 50w x 100h joist at 90* to existing old joist at 600mm space.
1. Can I fix 50x100 joist at 90 degree on top of 50x70.
- at space 600mm will be ok
- new joist end should be engaged in a common wall to support
- How can i remove brick from wall
- Can i Screw fix on existing joist without engaging to wall
- What joist material should i use...Swan Treated Regularised C16
- What other lightweight joist timber i can buy
Sorry to ask so many question but It seems really difficult to find answers for above query and its stopping me to carryon doing work when so many questions coming in my mind.
I'm not earning decent money so can not afford to go externally for help
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!