Uneven ceiling ... need to get a level!!
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jimn
Labourer
Labourer

Uneven ceiling ... need to get a level!!

by jimn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi all,
I am planning on putting up an electric curtain track which is 10M long with a 90 deg bend about 1/3rd along.
The curtain will hang directly below the track and does not cover it.
my ceiling is plaster on plaster board over a wooden ceiling over joists ( OK to fix too)

this be my problem
My ceiling to floor measurement varies about 4cm - up at ends and lower in the middle. just like a smiley face,:lol:

My curtains need to hang approximately level or they will look bad at floor level. higher and lower across the span.

I thought of packing out using spacers and a plumb line to get it level to the floor.
and then covering it with a bit of upvc trim shaved down to the track depth off the ceiling.

please anyone got any ideas of a better way or finishing

kind regards

JIM

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:40 pm

jimn,
"I thought of packing out using spacers and a plumb line to get it level to the floor and then covering it with a bit of upvc trim shaved down to the track depth off the ceiling.
YES correct solution but use a level not a plumb line.
end

jimn
Labourer
Labourer

by jimn » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:30 pm

stoneyboy wrote:jimn,
"I thought of packing out using spacers and a plumb line to get it level to the floor and then covering it with a bit of upvc trim shaved down to the track depth off the ceiling.
YES correct solution but use a level not a plumb line.
end

THANKS stoneyboy... but I think my Floor AND my ceiling are not true! so getting a level on ONE may put me out with OTHER. hence the plumb line idea.. grateful for your input - I feel confident with the upvc finishing edge now - thanks JIM

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:35 pm