Unsteady Shower Temperature even after Changing Boiler Heat Exchanger Plate

Postby Nvaz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi,

My shower has a mixer tap. After setting the hot and cold to desired temperature the water gets too hot and after a few minutes cools to lukewarm. It keeps repeating this.

As the boiler is an old combi boiler we had a boiler mechanic look at it. He replaced the heat exchanger plate but the problem persists.

The bath/shower is on the first floor.

Will installing a thermostatic bath shower mixer tap (like the one below) solve the problem?

http://www.bathstore.com/products/metro ... -2479.html

Your advice is appreciated.
Nvaz
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:03 am

Hi

The thermostatic bath shower mixer should help with the issue as it will regulate the temperature to the one set but it is not solving the core issue. Have you spoken to the engineer that came out and changed the heat exchanger? It may be worth contacting them to say that the problem still persists

Kind Regards
thedoctor

Postby Nvaz » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:44 pm

Thank you @thedoctor. I think i might just call him back.

Kind regards,
Nvaz
Nvaz
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!