Upstairs ceiling joists
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mwilson75
Apprentice
Apprentice

Upstairs ceiling joists

by mwilson75 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:26 pm

Could anyone tell me the correct size and type of timber that I should use to build the framework for a new ceiling upstairs in a terraced house. I plan to board on top of it for storage purposes.
Ta very much

sean tarras
Labourer
Labourer

flooring loft

by sean tarras » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:40 am

hi, am wondering
if u could help am away to floor out my loft for some storage space and i was wondering about the aframes that support the roof if they can be moved in any way.

blues brothers
Labourer
Labourer

Removal of A frames in roof space to make storage area.

by blues brothers » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:56 am

Sean Tarras-- You can remove A frames, but you must first get the
advice of a structural engineer. He should advise you on the replacement
supports and there new positions ,thickness of the required timber etc. He will also inform you about the correct fixing,ie bolts , plates etc. And all this will have to be fitted into place before you remove the A frames
in question.
Hope this is of some help. Regards Blues brothers.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:54 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:00 pm