UPVC Door Lock Mechanism Points Keep Coming out
Post your questions and get answers concerning many areas of this subject

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fixit9660
Labourer
Labourer

UPVC Door Lock Mechanism Points Keep Coming out

by fixit9660 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:00 pm

I've got a UPVC door with a 5 point multipoint locking system with a "GU" logo and the numbers "6-22922" on the top and bottom lock mechanisms.
The door/mechanism locks fine. My problem is that after opening the door, if I release the handle, all the 5 locking points just slide out of
the door into the locked position, meaning I can't close the door without pulling the handle into the down position beforehand. I'm guessing
there's something broken in the centre handle/gearbox assembly but if someone could point out what to look for it would be a great help.

ashhw
Labourer
Labourer

Re: UPVC Door Lock Mechanism Points Keep Coming out

by ashhw » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi, I've got exactly the same issue that you had with my uPVC door. Can I ask if you found out what the problem was and, if you did, how you fixed it?

fixit9660
Labourer
Labourer

Re: UPVC Door Lock Mechanism Points Keep Coming out

by fixit9660 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:13 am

Yes I did fix it, although it wasn't what I would call a professional fix. I unscrewed the two halves of the sliding locking assembly from the top and bottom of the door, and slightly bent the sliding piece, so that it pressed against the retaining piece.
Like I said, probably not professional, but it worked. And it's still working now.
Good luck.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:53 pm