Postby gandy666 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:51 pm

Hi All

Hoping someone can help. We have a combi boiler in our 1st floor box bedroom cupboard that has a blow off pipe that leads to the outside wall.

This pipe has had a slow drip and has been dripping down the wall it seems for some time. This we think is a problem with the boiler and its top up mechanism (to top itself up when the pressure drops!)

In the temps that we have seen the water that has been on the wall has froze and now we have a frozen minni waterfall on the side of the house.

The wall inside is Very Cold and the paper is now coming off the wall - if you touch the wall it does in fact feel wet and damp.

We have someone coming to look at the boiler issue tomorrow but what will we do regards any lasting damage to the wall - do we need a proffesional to come nd look at it or is it a case of once the problem is removed the wall will dry out.

Claire and Damian Gandy
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:44 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:28 pm

Cure the leak - get the pipe extended so water drips clear of the wall and wait for better weather. Worry about the damp problem if it has not solved itself by the summer.
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:03 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.
Site Admin
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics