Urgent Window Help Needed After Removing UPVC Sill and Plaster and Cement Coming off
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Swift3269
Labourer
Labourer

Urgent Window Help Needed After Removing UPVC Sill and Plaster and Cement Coming off

Post by Swift3269 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Hello all need some help/advice/pointers I am currently decorating our bedroom, doing all the normal things like moving lights, adding wall sockets and lifting old floor, I went to remove the UPVC sills all the way round and when I removed the top bit it pulled plaster off and exposed what looks like tiles, all the old cement is also loose and falling away.

My question is how can I repair it or can I pull it all down and replace the bricks and cement, without the rest of the wall around or above the window falling in. I have a plasterer coming on Monday so need to sort it ASAP, any help please, I tried to add a picture but it says it's too big

thedoctor

Re: Urgent Window Help Needed After Removing UPVC Sill and Plaster and Cement Coming off

Post by thedoctor » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:38 pm

Probably too late for you now but level out the wall under the window board (cill) Get completely flat and level then wait to dry and glue the uPVC back with some solvent free Gripfill https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-superst ... 350ml.html

Swift3269
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Urgent Window Help Needed After Removing UPVC Sill and Plaster and Cement Coming off

Post by Swift3269 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:14 pm

Yea all sorted now thanks anyway

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:11 am