vailant fan problem and leaking water?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

oldwelshman
Apprentice
Apprentice

vailant fan problem and leaking water?

by oldwelshman » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Hi all.
I have a vailant combi bolier and it is only 6 years old and it is a pain.
I have already had to replace actuator value 6 moths ago, then last week had fault codes indicatin sensor fault so changed that so though I was ok.
Then when I was away, got call from wife, no heating fault 40 and water on floor!!
I checked circuit board and fuse blown.
Changed fuse, system no restarts but sticks on 1/12 which according to book is fan starting and should take 3secs. After 1 minute I get a fault code32 which says no air due to fan not running, change fan :cry:
The fan unit has been making a noise recently, by the motor so guess this must be faulty fan. I removed connector and reset unit and measure 36v across pins but was expecting 24v.
I dissambled systemn to get to the fan and checked the fan and it is not seized and can rotate it by hand.
I checked the parts list and only the whole thing is listed. I suspect the motor is actually faulty is it possible just to get this part? Am I replacing correct item?

The other thing is where did the milky colour water come from?
I have cleaned it up inside and I still get water, but it is clean and coming off the cold inlet pipe and think it is condensation due to the cold because as soon as I wipe it, a couple of minytes later the pipe has water spots around it.

I have not seen any more milky water though and cannot see where it may have come from, any ideas?

I do not want to spend £100 for a fan to still have a faulty bolier.