vaillant boiler help
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ajr41
Labourer
Labourer

vaillant boiler help

by ajr41 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:18 pm

i have a 19yr old boiler, (i know its time to change it but i do not have the money to do so) also, i really dont think there is that much wrong with it and parts for my acctual boiler are still available. i have had it checked and there are no leaks or anything dangerously wrong with it, he just wouldnt try fixing it coz its too old and wanted 3k for a new 1 to be fitted.
recently the pressure was dropping and required topping up every few hours, i have replaced the outlet velve that was corroded inside and seams to have resolved that problem.
however, when i turn the heating and water on together, the ignitor sparks then after a few seconds of trying to light the safty button and red light pop out.
you can tell if its goin to light as it makes a different click sound before the ignitor starts. if i put the hot water on by itself it works all day long no problem, so the only way i can get my heating on is by draining the hot water tank, turn hot water on, once the boiler has lit, then turn heating on it works perfectly then untill it reaches temp, the only way it will come back on is if i repeat the process.
now and then it works normally by itself, on, off and back on, but not that often, thats what makes me think its not such a big fault. as i said if i had the money i would just change it but i dont.
i would be very gratefull for any help/suggestions
many thanks

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:14 am

As you say if there's a certian click it will light - it could be a fault on the PCB or the solenoid on the gas valve not opening everytime, afetr a while trying to light the boiler will lockout if there's no flame detected to prevent a dangerous build up of gas in the boiler.

However |I am only guessing, could you try a different engineer that repairs boilers, not just an installer.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1