Vaillant Combi Boiler hot water problem

Postby SimonWade » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here as you probably can guess. Basically I have a Vaillant boiler which doesn't state a model name although it does show a code (80 92 26GB 02). I am having a problem where the shower hot water is scalding hot and although I am turning the temp knob down it didn't seem to be making any change to the hot water temp. After looking a bit closer the knob is turning but gets right to the end of the screw thread then comes off.
Now, there is a bolt and in the middle of that (where the screw screws into) is a brass fitting. Am I right in saying that this brass fitting should turn therefore turn the hot water temp up or down? I have tried turning it with pliers but it just seems to start turning the bolt instead. Any help would be greatly received as I am getting scalded not from the water but from the mrs :)
SimonWade

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby proptech » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:04 am

Hi.
From your description it,s the shower valve that's the problem, rather than the boiler. Can you supply some more information on the valve, make, model, etc. A photo maybe.
proptech

Postby happy_go87 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:08 pm

I agree with protech - test the other hot taps around the house and if there all scalding hot then chances are it might be the boiler. But i would focus on the shower valve.
happy_go87

Sort by
Order by