vaillant protec 28
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
basiebeat
Labourer
Labourer

vaillant protec 28

by basiebeat » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:23 pm

Recently replaced one pipe system with ideal mexico boiler for combi condensing vaillant fully pumped system.the tranformation is amazing and will give all the heat required,however boiler is fitted in airing cupboard adjacent to main bedroom and although the boiler itself is quiet their is another sound emanating which can be described as a loud mains hum.this wakes me up when boiler starts up in morning and is continuous is there any way to suppress.also previously had shower pump which can no longer use with mains pressure.shower now lacks a lot of power also has to be turned full on to get suitable hot water.is there special mixwer for combis to cure this

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:52 pm

The only hum which would be continuous when the boiler is on will be the pump. This can sound quite loud if the vibration is travelling down the pipes, try clipping the flow and return under the boiler and see if this reduces the noise.

htg

mblago
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: vaillant protec 28

by mblago » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:53 pm

[quote="basiebeat"]Recently replaced one pipe system with ideal mexico boiler for combi condensing vaillant fully pumped system.the tranformation is amazing and will give all the heat required,however boiler is fitted in airing cupboard adjacent to main bedroom and although the boiler itself is quiet their is another sound emanating which can be described as a loud mains hum.this wakes me up when boiler starts up in morning and is continuous is there any way to suppress.also previously had shower pump which can no longer use with mains pressure.shower now lacks a lot of power also has to be turned full on to get suitable hot water.is there special mixwer for combis to cure this[/quote]

I have exactly the same boiler installed just under a year ago and have the exact same problem with the noise. I had a vaillant engineer come out and said it was not the boiler but thinks the water rushing through the pipes is the cause. I'm not sure but theres basically nothing I can do about it. Only thing Is you will slowly get used to it.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1