Vented Eaves Trays and Vented Roof Tiles
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zacccc
Ganger
Ganger

Vented Eaves Trays and Vented Roof Tiles

by Zacccc » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:43 am

I've got a condensation problem in my loft, right near the eaves of a low pitch roof (about 25°). I was thinking of putting in vented eaves trays and/or vented roof tiles to increase the air flow and hopefully reduce the condensation.

1. Are vented eaves trays worth installing?

2. Can a vented roof tile be put in on the first course i.e. at the eaves? because at this point the insulation board between the joists/rafters above the bedroom ceiling is no more than 50mm from the roof felt?

Can anyone advise please. Thanks.

AndreiPolin
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Vented Eaves Trays and Vented Roof Tiles

by AndreiPolin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:02 pm

What do you have on your roof?

Slates? Concrete tiles? Clay Tiles? Metal roof?

Is it warm roof, or cold roof?

If its warm roof, normally should have 25mm eaves vent systems, if cold roof 10mm eaves. What is going on at the ridge? Using dry ridge system? or mortar bedded?

If you have: Dry Ridge + Eaves vent system = You should not have any condensation issues, maybe leaking roof?

Vent tiles, i personally have not heard that you cannot put it near eaves (i can clarify that on monday).

If you would tell me your roof system, i would figure it out.

AndreiPolin
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Vented Eaves Trays and Vented Roof Tiles

by AndreiPolin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Forgot to mention, Do you have hips ? Top Abutment / Side abutment (place where roof meets wall) - hips are vented?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:39 am