ventilation
Information, help and solutions to many issues encountered when converting barns and older buildings

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Rowland
Labourer
Labourer

ventilation

Post by Rowland » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:54 pm

I have a barn which was reroofed 10 years ago with attic trusses in the hope that one day I might be able to renovate it to live in. I recently had an architect round to look at the barn to see how much it would cost, and he told me that the felt that had been used in the reroofing was not breathable, and the best way forward would be to strip the roof and re-felt with breathable, there are other options but he said this would be the simplest solution to damp problems and condensation. I seem to be taking a backward step before I start! Any suggestions?

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:22 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am