Very confused about shower room sizing
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
momomo
Labourer
Labourer

Very confused about shower room sizing

by momomo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:26 pm

:?
Hi

We are converting a derelict space on the ground floor of our house into a kitchen with a little shower/toilet room.

We are having a nightmare interviewing builders as each one that comes tells us something totally different - legal requirements/sizes/possibilities.
Very confused.

The main confusuion at the moment is how big the shower room should be - Ive had three builders tell me it has to be at least 2 metres deep and about 3 wide - because we need to be able to open the door of the shower and walk round the toilet. I was worried that this was too big and took up too much space - but when today's builder said he could do 1m deep- and put a partition instead of building a wall I was a little pleased as that was small- but worried that the other builders had told me this was impossible - that the shower wouldnt be useable that we wouldnt be able to walk about etc.
Also worried that a partition will not be good for hanging medicine cabinets etc on, and also not soundproof enough.

Dithering majorly.

Any thoughts?
m

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:52 pm

momomo,
Your shower base is likely to be 800x800mm. If you consider a room 3m by 800mm and you enter in the centre of the long side your shower could be to one side, the loo to the other with a finger basin in front of you. provide the door opens outwards this is workable.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:04 am