Aquarium Electrics
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Paul-E
Apprentice
Apprentice

Aquarium Electrics

by Paul-E » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:16 am

Hi,

I have a new aquarium and want to plug filters etc for my aquarium into one multi connector.

Been looking around and nearest I found was a switch box which I do not want to use as I want to be able to unplug individual things when need to.

Ok you say just use a normal 6G Exstension lead and mount it in cabinet...good point but I do not want that either.....I'm looking for something more compact and tidy.

Years ago I bought one from homebase. It basically is cabinet mounted and has a fuse and power idication light, six sockets at bottom(with squarish plugs supplied that fit into the sockets) which allows me to unplug one or more items when needed to.

Can anyone suggest anything with a possible link....been searching for hours this morning and my head is now buzzing.

Heater is 600watt and that is probably 'heaviest' load (if that makes sense!)

Thanks for time.

Allwire
Labourer
Labourer

by Allwire » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:37 pm

Don't know if this would help but you could split the items to be plugged in, into groups and use this. it will keep the cables tidy and compact.

http://www.Maplin.co.uk/?C=AffilWin7370 ... &U=strat15

Hope it helps

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:08 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:38 pm