no hot water, central heating is fine
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
john321
Labourer
Labourer

no hot water, central heating is fine

by john321 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:23 pm

Please help.... I have an indirect vented system and can only get hot water by using my immersion heater but don't want to leave this on all the time! The central heating works great and all radiators get hot quickly but there is no hot water. The cylinder was replaced a couple of years ago and the diverter valve is new. When i switch the programmer to HW there is a lot of noise from the pump, which is silent on CH, but cold water flows freely from the taps ie no gurgling or airlock type sounds.... any ideas or advice would be welcome - thanks in advance

Dave From Leeds
Ganger
Ganger

by Dave From Leeds » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:29 am

Hi John. I've just had a similar problem Turned out to be an airlock in the heating coil inside the cylinder. If you can access the CH top up tank try fitting a hosepipe over the vent pipe. Attach the other end to a cold tap. Then get an assistant to gradually turn on the tap whilst you observe the CH top up tank. If air bubbles come through the feed at the bottom of the tank leave tap running slowly until the air stops. This may well cure it.

john321
Labourer
Labourer

by john321 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:17 pm

Dave, thanks for your reply. i'll try this tomorrow and let you know if it works - thanks again
John

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:56 am