Vokera Combi Boiler - Issues with Hot Water
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
LG
Labourer
Labourer

Vokera Combi Boiler - Issues with Hot Water

by LG » Tue May 15, 2007 2:20 pm

Help please! I have a Vokera Combi Bolier (about 10 years old). Over the past few months it seems to be taking longer and longer for the hot water to kick in when the hot tap is turned on. The heating works instantly.

At the moment it takes between 15 - 60 seconds from turning the tap or shower on, until the hot water starts to come through.

I have checked the pressure and it is between 1.5 and 2 when the system is off. As far as I know there are no leaks anyway.

Typically I dont have this under maintenance with anyone anymore, cancelled it about 2 years ago, as thought it was a waste of money!

Any help on what to try next, or what the problem could be would be much appreciated. Thanks

Paul Pepper
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Paul Pepper » Tue May 15, 2007 7:10 pm

chances are the hot water diaphragm is on it's way out (older model combi's use a rubber diaphragm & microswitch set-up to pick up hot water flow). Generally very easy to change - what's the boiler model?

Paul

LG
Labourer
Labourer

by LG » Thu May 31, 2007 10:20 am

Its a Vokera Maxin 24e.

If it is the diaphragm, is this something that I could change myself (as you may have gathered, I am a complete novice!!) or would I be better getting an engineer.

What sort of costs would I be looking at?

thanks

springwell
Labourer
Labourer

by springwell » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:32 pm

I have also have a maxim 24e that i have fixed a few times, even replaced the relay on the main controller board by one from maplins! The replay cost 1.28p and a new controller board would have been £130...
So it is worth fixing the problem yourself if you can. There are normally two manuals supplied with a Vokera Maxim 24e, a simple user guide and a more detailed techinical guide. If you did not fit the boiler yourself then the installer probably took your technical copy and left the simple user guide. The reason i mention this is technical guide has flow charts in the appendix which ask certain questions to help guide you to the root of the problem. Without this guide and if you want to try and resolve the problem yourself then try to call the Vokera help line details are on the web site

I got help over the phone. You will have to be prepared to caryyout a few tests that the engineer will suggest. For the tests i carried out i need a volt meter. You will have to be confident regarding electricty as you may have to go near exposed electric circuits in the control box.

To find the fault find is not difficult with someones help but each person has potentially different DIY/fault finding abilities and you will have to judge your personality towards this....

One last point it maybe possible to obtain the technical guide from Vokera for a small fee, so its worth asking the details on mine are

Maxim 24e & 28e Installation & servicing instructions.

the simple user guide is

Maxim 24e & 28e Users Instructions

Regards
Bryn

brodev
Labourer
Labourer

by brodev » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:43 pm

Manuals can be downloaded from Vokera's website. Go to Homeowner, literature, product page, the discontinued products and there they are both the users and the technical.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1