Wall Hanging Vivarium Des Space
Ask questions and find answers on a range of subjects relating to self build projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Moyle86
Labourer
Labourer

Wall Hanging Vivarium Des Space

by Moyle86 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Good Evening all,

Im completley new to this site and my knowledge of DIY is quite basic, i have design in my head which i think will look amazing, but i have no idea how and where to start.

At the moment i have a spare room which id like to turn into a home office. Id like to build my own desk space which incorporates not only some storage space but also my Vivarium ( reptile tank) this is currently sat on the floor and takes up a lot of space current dimensions are 4 x 2 x 2. My idea is to have 2 closets, one on left side and another on the right side with a desk space in the middle and the vivarium sat high on top above the desk , which kind of acts of a roof lol.

The viv is quite heavy so i have no idea if this will work , as i don't want it falling on my head whilst working lol.

I have no idea how to plan or what materials to use and what to fix to the wall etc etc?
The logical thing to do would be either avoid this at all costs or hire a professional to come and do the job but i love getting my hands dirty, so I'm really keen to get this idea out my head and into my spare bedroom!

Any advice would be massively appreciated

Many Thanks

Moyle86

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Wall Hanging Vivarium Des Space

by welsh brickie » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:38 pm

its probably best to sit the tank on some heavy duty gallows brackets fixed to the wall using either frame fixings or thunder bolt fixings, don't use rawplugs.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am