Wall Surface Suitable for Easily Hanging Pictures

Postby Loraine2 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:10 pm

I want to line the wall of a room with some material that will enable me to hang multiple pictures easily. The walls are very hard so I need something that nails will go into easily - masonry nails just knock chunks out or won’t go in at all. It has to have a smooth surface that can be painted and look like part of the wall. Soft board, for example, will have too rough a finish. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Loraine2
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:33 pm

you could use 12mm mdf board, that can be painted
welsh brickie

Postby Loraine2 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:38 am

Thanks for the advice, I had thought MDF would be very hard however and difficult to put picture hanging nails in. Is that not the case?

Kind regards,
Loraine
Loraine2
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby NathalieMartin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:47 am

I've witnessed my husband break a few nails on a couple of DIY projects using MDF.

Have you had a look at those really strong, sticky strips that you attach the back of the picture? They're really subtle but I guess it depends, how heavy is your frame?
NathalieMartin
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Postby Loraine2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:06 am

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking at now.
Loraine2
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!