Want to Brighten up Living Room With new Sofa, but What Colour to go for?
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
giisec1
Labourer
Labourer

Want to Brighten up Living Room With new Sofa, but What Colour to go for?

by giisec1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:26 pm

My living room is dark, my sofas are dark brown leather, the wooden furniture is sheesham, wooden floor is ligt oak with a deep red mat. I want to change the sofas to brighten the room, so the question is what colour sofas should I get? should I stick to a lighter shade of brown ie oatmeal, or would a light grey go ?

KaPi
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Want to Brighten up Living Room With new Sofa, but What Colour to go for?

by KaPi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:50 am

I'm for the light grey! Wood and grey match and are popular now, it looks modern but very cozy. Then, why don't you use a wallpaper? I mean, wood makes me think of mountains and if interiors are dark they seem small, such a wallpaper could brighten them and make them seem spacious!

NathalieMartin
Apprentice
Apprentice

by NathalieMartin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:21 pm

With KaPi on this – light grey! Or even a cream colour would be nice, but it would be good to stick to one colour and incorporate different shades from that palette.

ATMDecor
Labourer
Labourer

by ATMDecor » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:29 am

Cream color. It is a light color that helps to liven up the room atmosphere as well as make your room look bigger. However, you should go for the color that you enjoy looking at the most. It is your home after all and different people respond differently to the color palette, go for colors that give you a psychological boost and uplifts your mood. For me it is cream, but for you it could be some other color. A personalized decor is ultimately more satisfying and emits more sentimental value than one in which you are only trying to fit the norm.

arthur.k09
Apprentice
Apprentice

by arthur.k09 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:12 am

Since you have a brown wooden floor, a cream coloured sofa will bring a contrast in the room. For a rustic look, you can install organic matchstick blinds. It will allow natural light to come inside your room.

eladesign
Apprentice
Apprentice

by eladesign » Mon May 13, 2019 9:46 am

I would go for a light grey, it brightens and matches everything.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:28 am