Warped walls for fixing kitchen uints

Postby geezer » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:45 pm

We decided to change some of our kitchen units / retile etc. We have removed the old units and tiles and repaired the walls where the tiles were.

One of the new kitchen cupboards is a corner unit. However the wall are not perpendicular to each other. As such when one side of the unit is flat against a wall, there is a gap of approx 16mm at the top and about 8mm at the bottom on the other wall

Any advice on what to do here???? I'm at a complete loss on this.

Thanks for input.
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:33 pm


Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:51 pm

You can either see our project on scribing timber and cut the back of the unit to fit the shape of the wall, or fill the gap with timber cut to the correct size and shape, then stained or waxed to match.
Site Admin
Posts: 2254
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics