WASHING LINE (ROTARY)
Post your questions and find answers on all garden related topics and areas

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
HOLLINGSHEAD
Labourer
Labourer

WASHING LINE (ROTARY)

by HOLLINGSHEAD » Tue May 20, 2008 9:55 pm

I need to replace my rotary washing line and wondered if anyone can help with some easy advice! Always relied on husband before but due to illness I now need to take over those little jobs we never got round to doing! I presume if the new rotary base (metal tube) is not the same size as the old one that I will need to break up the existing concrete. Then prepare some ready mixed concrete. But what I am not sure about is how do I ensure that the base (metal tube) stays upright while the concrete is drying? I now the question is rather pathetic but any useful tips would be gratefully appreciated!

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

by stevenc1603 » Wed May 21, 2008 1:58 pm

If the new dryer doesn't fit the ground spike then yes you will need to either dig up the old one or move the dryer elsewhere.

If you use something like postfix then level the ground spike with the dryer in, then carefully remove it before watering in. The spike shouldn't move about that much. You could also check the level as its drying and make any slight corrections before it fully sets.

HOLLINGSHEAD
Labourer
Labourer

by HOLLINGSHEAD » Wed May 21, 2008 9:03 pm

Thanks for the sound advice I didn't think anyone would answer such a basic question! I assume postfix is a type of dry mix cement which I can purchase from somewhere like B&Q? How much would I need?

Ex-repairman
Labourer
Labourer

by Ex-repairman » Fri May 23, 2008 7:28 pm

One bag of postcrete should be sufficient should be sufficient - and you're right it is a dry mix, just pour in and add water. Should've just asked your brother..........!!! :lol:

Newbee
Tradesman
Tradesman

Rotary drier

by Newbee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:48 am

The wife wants one of these but what I've seen so far is a bit flimsy, is there anyone out there that has one and thinks it is a sound model, I would appreciate some feed back.

Thanks in advance

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm