All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
buscspea
Labourer
Labourer

Washing machine plumbing

by buscspea » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:50 pm

Afternoon all,
I am attempting to plumb the garage so we can move the washing machine out. We have had the mains supply extended so we now have water in the garage in the form of 25mm MDPE pipe capped with an MDPE tap coupler. I have made a T for an outside tap and a washing machine hose connector out of copper pipe and compression fittings and just need to join the two together. For this i have bought the 2.49 Screwfix MDPE to 15mm copper reducer to fit in the MDPE tap coupler. The problem is i dont seem to be able to tighten the MDPE coupler tight enough for the reducer to grip the copper pipe tight enough- when the tap is turned on the pressure slowly but shorely eases the unsecured copper pipe T out. My question is:
1. If tightened enough would the reducer hold it securely or would an MDPE wall plate elbow be better and more acceptable?
2. How would the professionals do this and what would they use to do it?
Many thanks in advance.

rockallplumbingbmth
Labourer
Labourer

just a suggetion

by rockallplumbingbmth » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:43 pm

right you want to have your washing machine and an outside tap coming off a 25mm poly tee. i suggest you get a 25mm - 1/2" male iron in poly then a compression wall plate and your outside tap. now to your washing machine run up in 25mm then get another 25mm- 1/2" male iron then a compression female iron 15mm -1/2" then wash mac. hey presto!!

hope this helps ...

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:14 am