washing machine waste
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

washing machine waste

by greengrass » Wed May 09, 2007 2:01 am

I am shifting the washing machine from the kitchen to a utility room that funny enough has no drainage facilities.
Knowing most appliances have 1.50mm wastes, could a back flow be caused using the smaller 1.25.

Reason for asking are two obstacles. 1. a surface water drain pipe which will take the 1.25 behind it. 2.'Er who will be obeyed :cry: has asked if 1.25 can be used it will show less' I sighed heavily as I explained as both pipes are white either will be visual you silly moo, she slung I ducked and the saucepan hit the wall.

The other alternative is to start 1.50 internally and on reaching outside reduce to 1.25 pipe on the outside wall.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat May 12, 2007 10:17 am

Not a good idea to reduce the waste pipe either inside or out Greengrass, the amount of water and the flow rate are not easily coped with by a smaller diameter.

Arnak
Tradesman
Tradesman

Washing machine waste.

by Arnak » Sat May 12, 2007 11:34 am

Hi,

Why not box it in afterwards then tile the boxing.

Tell her who must be obeyed that it will be decorative and make a nice low shelf.

Now all you've go to do is fix the dent in the wall made by the saucepan. :lol:

Arnak

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Re: washing machine waste

by greengrass » Sat May 12, 2007 3:27 pm

[quote="greengrass"]I am shifting the washing machine from the kitchen to a utility room that funny enough has no drainage facilities.
Knowing most appliances have 1.50mm wastes, could a back flow be caused using the smaller 1.25.

Reason for asking are two obstacles. 1. a surface water drain pipe which will take the 1.25 behind it. 2.'Er who will be obeyed :cry: has asked if 1.25 can be used it will show less' I sighed heavily as I explained as both pipes are white either will be visual you silly moo, she slung I ducked and the saucepan hit the wall.

The other alternative is to start 1.50 internally and on reaching outside reduce to 1.25 pipe on the outside wall.[/quote]

THANKS BOTH OF YOU

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:28 am