All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jonathan88
Labourer
Labourer

Washing Machine Water going into Kitchen Sink and vice versa

by Jonathan88 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Hello,

I'm a complete novice when it comes to plumbing related issues so I'd be very grateful for any advice.

I constantly have problems with my kitchen sink draining really slowly, even after it's been checked for a blockage inside and outside of my flat. When my washing machine is on it fills my sink with water, and it seems to make my kitchen sink drain even slower. When I last did a wash there was still some water in the drum.

I removed the kitchen sink trap to clean it. I think I put it back as it was but it seems to have made the problem worse and now my kitchen sink is hardly draining at all.

I removed the washing machine filter to check for blockages and clean it but all the water that was in my kitchen sink started coming out of the washing machine filter hole. So rather than going out the waste pipe it's going out the side nozzle through the grey tube then seemingly into my washing machine. Here's a photo of it: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=3dfbd15

Does this look wired properly to you? Any help with what to do would be much appreciated!

cheers.
Attachments
trap_opt.jpg

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Washing Machine Water going into Kitchen Sink and vice versa

by kbrownie » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 pm

Sounds like you have a blockage downstream of the kitchen trap.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:57 am