water coming from shower only a trickle
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vivie
Labourer
Labourer

water coming from shower only a trickle

by vivie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Hello - when I turn on my shower water initially comes out for about 5 seconds and then slows to a trickle and virtually stops. I think it is connected to the balancing somehow as previously when this happened I adjusted the valve connected to the shower and the water come out normally. However as a result of my tampering water backed up through the pipe leading to the tank in the loft and came out of the overflow. Thats why I adjusted the valve again to stop that happening. Can anyone advise me as to how I can get water coming out of my shower without it backing up the pipe?

Thanks

Viv

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:03 pm

vivie,
Sounds like you have a shower with tank fed hot and mains cold. This is not a recommended arrangement so you will just have to fiddle with the flow valve to get it right.
end

vivie
Labourer
Labourer

thanks

by vivie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:31 am

Hi Stoneyboy - thanks for taking the trouble to reply to me. I'll fiddle with the valve as you say. Do you think it is worth me getting in a plumber to change the arrangement, or am I stuck with it?

Vivie

stoneyboy wrote:vivie,
Sounds like you have a shower with tank fed hot and mains cold. This is not a recommended arrangement so you will just have to fiddle with the flow valve to get it right.
end

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:38 pm

vivie,
If you are able to establish that you have mains cold on the shower it would be worth finding out how much it would cost to convert to tank fed.
end

vivie
Labourer
Labourer

by vivie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 am

Hi - thanks for that. I'll check and get a plumber in to do the conversion.

Mikey442
Labourer
Labourer

PLEASE HELP ASAP!

by Mikey442 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Just fitted a power shower for the first time.

Took the old Triton power shower out and replaced it with new one. Had to add more copper pipe work using push fit fittings as they entered through the bottom on the new one and not the side.

Connected Live Neutral and earth like the old one was. Plugged a cable into the PCB and put the cover on.

It sounds ok but only a trickle coming out of hose, all taps are on so don't know what the problem is, cheers.

jez2706
Labourer
Labourer

Re: PLEASE HELP ASAP!

by jez2706 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:26 pm

May sound like a silly question but did u bleed all the air out of the shower thru the bleed valve before u turned it on?

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:07 pm