Water filling hot water tank after using not much hot water

Postby Longroad77 » Sun May 03, 2015 9:44 pm

i know it sounds daft and am told this is the normal process but since I replaced my cold water storage tank float valve In the loft I have noticed that after a relatively short use of hot water (say a short 2 minute shower or filling the sink with hot water) I hear the water what I assume is filling my hot water tank in the airing cupboard. It does stop and there seems to be leaks or overflowing. The thing is before I replaced the float valve I would never hear this unless I used a lot of hot water. Say having a bath or multiple showers.

Any ideas why this might be?
Longroad77
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Longroad77 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:59 am

That should say there isn't any leaks or overflowing.
Longroad77
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby proptech » Mon May 04, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi Longroad77

Any use of water will lower the level, allowing the valve to start replacing the loss. Your old valve must have been very quiet, or was sticking in the closed position.
proptech
Progress to next rank:
71.7%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!