water flow problem after fitting new bathroom suite
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mikjayfay
Apprentice
Apprentice

water flow problem after fitting new bathroom suite

Post by mikjayfay » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:55 pm

i am in the middle of fitting a new bathroom suite and i am at that stage where everything is back in after ripping out and replacing bath,toilet and sink.

the cold water is running ok, but the hot is being stubborn and won't come back on. i have refitted the pipes exactly as they where originally so i don't think there is anything wrong there, so i am thinking the system is airlocked.

all my taps are square and won't accept an hosepipe, so i used the washing machine hot and cold to reverse flush the system, when flushing the water comes out of the hot taps, but once i stop the cold flush, the water in the hot taps just dribbles out under no pressure.

when flushing the water comes out of the 22mm overflow [hot water breather?] into the storage tank in the attic which itself overflows through the outside pipe.

i am pretty new to this, i ain't scared of hard work..but, the theory sometimes terrifies me :? :?

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

Post by marrtin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:10 am

How did you turn the hot water feed off? Was it with a gate valve in the airing cupboard? If so, has the valve been turned on properly?

If you had to force the valve to turn it off, it may have snapped and now won't open up. Try opening it up fully. Does it reach a point where it won't open any more, or does it keep on turning?

These valves are terrible things and always seize. On average, I reckon that every third one I see is jammed.

mikjayfay
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mikjayfay » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:14 am

thanks for that..it was the hot water valve as you said, i have now put a new one in and all is now well at this stage...now to move on to the tiling :roll:
thanks again

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:22 pm