Water in refrigerator
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dino M
Labourer
Labourer

Water in refrigerator

by Dino M » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:51 pm

I have a pool of water in the refrigerator part of my Philips Whirlpool fridge/freezer.

It is as if there is a leak somewhere, but I have looked and cannot find where, it is not a major problem, just more annoying as at times I have to soak it up as the water is under the two drawers.

Any ideas on what could be causing this problem and how to stop it happening.

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

by stevenc1603 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:37 am

Check the drain hole is not blocked as this would cause problems like this.

Alternatively, check nothing in the fridge has leaked.

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:34 am

The hotter air is the more moisture it can hold so each time you open the door moisture enters fridge as it cools it precipitates on to coldest part and under that there is normally a drain which leads the water to a tray on top of the motor where it evaporates some times this hole gets blocked.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:03 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:18 am