WATER IS CONSTANTLY DRIPPING OUT OF ME OVERFLOW
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
STUMPY
Labourer
Labourer

WATER IS CONSTANTLY DRIPPING OUT OF ME OVERFLOW

by STUMPY » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:03 am

I HAVE A PRESSURISED HEATING SYSTEM AND WATER IS CONSTANTLY DRIPPING OUT OF THE OVERFLOW.

I HAVE COMPLETELY EMPTIED THE SYSTEM OF WATER AS RECOMMENDED BY A STICKER ON THE BOILER. THIS CURES THE PROBLEM FOR ABOUT A WEEK.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME CURE THIS????

sailorgeorge
Labourer
Labourer

by sailorgeorge » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:19 pm

I had the same problem recently and I purchased a ball valve repair kit which includes new nozzle,wahers and split pin.Turn off the cold water main to prevent the header tank refilling and use a suitable scoop remove enough water from the header to take the waterline slightly below the original level (the tank is probably marked by a colour difference over time.Remove the split pin and remove the ball cock and arm.Udo the valve bodey and remove the piston with a screw driver into the ball valve arm slot.Then unscrew the end of the piston and replace the waher.Remove the nozzle from the body and replace with new.Lastly replace the larger o washer on the valve body.reassemble the whole thing and turn on the water main.Check the ball cock closes properly.

STUMPY
Labourer
Labourer

by STUMPY » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:11 am

[quote="sailorgeorge"]I had the same problem recently and I purchased a ball valve repair kit which includes new nozzle,wahers and split pin.Turn off the cold water main to prevent the header tank refilling and use a suitable scoop remove enough water from the header to take the waterline slightly below the original level (the tank is probably marked by a colour difference over time.Remove the split pin and remove the ball cock and arm.Udo the valve bodey and remove the piston with a screw driver into the ball valve arm slot.Then unscrew the end of the piston and replace the waher.Remove the nozzle from the body and replace with new.Lastly replace the larger o washer on the valve body.reassemble the whole thing and turn on the water main.Check the ball cock closes properly.[/quote]

I assume that you are referring to a header tank in the loft. I do not have one. it is a enclosed system. I dont really know how it works, I assume that it heats up the water as required???

STUMPY
Labourer
Labourer

by STUMPY » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:12 am

I assume that you are referring to a header tank in the loft, I do not have one. I have a enclosed system. I dont really know how it works, I assume that it heats the water as required.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1