Water not very hot in electric shower
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
john9159
Ganger
Ganger

Water not very hot in electric shower

Post by john9159 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:44 am

I have a Triton T80 (8.4KW) electric shower which just isn't giving water as hot as it did at high temperature, certainly not as hot as during the summer anyway.
The shower has four settings for power, off - cold - warm - hot and there is also the rotary temperature control.
With the power on hot and the temperature control near high, the water isn't very hot anymore.
I don't know if this is associated with the very cold weather we are having or an electrical problem but would like to know.
The shower is fitted against a wall without cavity wall insulation, not that this has mattered in the past, and I live in suburban Manchester which hasn't been too badly affected with snow.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Water not very hot in electric shower

Post by ericmark » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:58 pm

Even with my gas powered 27kW shower we notice summer - winter changes. Where we have a problem is in summer we are not drawing enough water and shower goes cold as safety cut out comes in.

But your shower is rather small and to get a reasonable shower with so little heat not really surprising the temperature drops. Using a smaller shower head sometimes helps.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Water not very hot in electric shower

Post by plumbbob » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:53 pm

As a further suggestion, set the shower to the warm setting and allow the water temperature to stabilise. Place your hand under the flow and feel how hot the water is. Now switch over to the higher heat setting. If the water remains at the same temperature, it may be one of the two heating elements has failed.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:40 am