Water overflowing from Toilet Cistern into main toilet
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Neelesh Bhojani
Labourer
Labourer

Water overflowing from Toilet Cistern into main toilet

Post by Neelesh Bhojani » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:24 am

I have a european push button toilet system that has recently started to overflow into the main toilet. Is there a way to adjust this, or am I looking at buying a replacement part for this?
If anyone has a daigram that illustrates how this can be fixed/ replaced, I would be very grateful. :roll:

Dave From Leeds
Ganger
Ganger

Post by Dave From Leeds » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:39 pm

You say it's overflowing into the toilet. It's more likely that the flap that lifts to allow water from the tank to the toilet on flushing is not reseating properly afterwards. Have a look inside the tank. My niece in France recently had a similar problem with such a system and it turned out that a plastic vent tube was fouling the chain that lifted the flap preventing it from dropping back down fully.

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

Post by nitro23456 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:25 am

A lot of modern toilet do overflow into the pan and have no external overflow.

You can adjust the float arm to stop this..... or you may have to replace this part or take it out and clean the inlet (might me gunged up)

try adjusting the arm first.... flush the toilet with the lid off, and then pull up/adjust the arm so that the cistern fills up to 1 inch below the overflow (which will most likely be a vertical pipe in the centre that takes the water into the pan when it is over that level)

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:14 am