Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stranger12
Labourer
Labourer

Water Pipe Soldering Questions for Replacing Water Pipes

Post by stranger12 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi Guys,

I am changing some of my house pipes. I had a quote of 2.5k for changing few pipes and joining them using solder fitting.

I am competent enough to lay the pipes and use yorkshire fitting which has the solder ring in it. All that is needed is heat to release it .

I have managed to spend around £400 to get all pipes needed and changing them now.

Few questions I have are:

1. When a pipe is soldered and it doesn't leak or pop when tab is opened, can it pop or leak at later stage ? I am asking to find out if more instance my joint is dodgy then would I realise straight away ?

2. Would you use solder ring in addition to the the bit that is inside the yorkshire fitting ? I did it on one of the joints and some of it was sucked in and the rest ran down the pipe. I soon learned of the amount needed .

3. Input to my house is led 22m which is then straight away reduced to 15 . that is then fed to boiler and cold water. shouldn't boiler be 22m and cold tab 15m ?

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Water Pipe Soldering Questions for Replacing Water Pipes

Post by lets have a look » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:37 pm

no 2 is the right way to solder,I cool mine off with a wet cloth, is the boiler a combi ?

stranger12
Labourer
Labourer

Post by stranger12 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:31 am

lets have a look wrote:no 2 is the right way to solder,I cool mine off with a wet cloth, is the boiler a combi ?

Have you ever had any problems with it bursting etc?

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Post by lets have a look » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:19 pm

No it's quite simple soldering,it's nice when you see the solder go into the fitting,

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:29 am