No votes

Total votes: 1
carltabs
Labourer
Labourer

water storage tank and log cabins!!

by carltabs » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi all,

Just hoping for some other peoples opinions ...

I have just built a log cabin, or should I say assembled. It is 6.5 m in length and 4.5 m wide with a small upstairs attic.

I am okay with most things, but water supplies aint my best subjects!

I don't really want to tap into the main water supply pipe that travels underneath my drive, but i guess for pressure this will be the best option. I am planning to have a toilet, shower and basin within one of the rooms within the cabin ...

My other theory is tap into the cold water tap underneath the kitchen sink .. but the run to the cabin from the kitchen sink is around 100ft and in 1/2 inch pipe not too sure what the pressure will be like? Any takers on this??

and finally I was thinking about installing a small, say 5 gallon water storage tank within the attic of the cabin and use this to supply the shower, and other utilities. i am not too sure what pressure this would provide though since the height from the floor in the attic is around 7 foot.

sorry for the long, boring question!! but it would be nice to have anothers opinion ...

many thanks,

carltabs

johnb
Ganger
Ganger

by johnb » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:59 pm

hi carltabs just done the same myself virtually identical i fitted heatray sadia pressurised mains fed cylinder with immersion htr this allows you to fit standard mains pressure shower and no high wattage needed just 3kw. also taken water supply via under sink supply 15 mm take off with 20 mm under ground plastic pipe . all this removes the need for storage in roof which needs 1mtr from shower top all the best john

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm