waterdroplets on new cement
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

dormermike
Apprentice
Apprentice

waterdroplets on new cement

by dormermike » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi

I am repairing a concrete floor with waterproof cement, up against the lower part of a wall which has some damp (not sure if penetrating or rising).

The purpose of the repair is to block off a hole, and also some of the concrete floor had previously been repaired but was crumbling away.

Anyway, I put some cement down, and 2 weeks later there are beads of water on the new cement... im not sure if it is condensation, moisture from the cement drying? or if it is penetrating through from the damp brick (but its waterproof? and the brick is still exposed, so can breath).

Its not a lot of cement, as im aiming to build it up in layers... approx 700 grams of cement dust was used.. so approx a kilo perhaps, on an area less than a square foot and only a centimetre or so thick. I repointed some of the wall as the gap went through to the cavity.

Any ideas please ? I did another room and it did this, but dried out completely in a week. This is taking far longer...

Cheers

It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:47 pm