waterfall taps
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
PeterRS
Labourer
Labourer

waterfall taps

by PeterRS » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 am

I have recently fitted a waterfall tap for my bathroom basin, but the water just dribbles out with not enough pressure. The previous standard taps had plenty of pressure and I cannot understand why there is such a difference. I cannot increase the house pressure as I have a water softener. Any suggestions ? (apart from going back to the old taps)

I have the same problem in my kitchen with a spray tap.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:57 pm

waterfall taps, as with many types of fancy modern taps, do need good pressure to work properly and create the desired effect.

do you have a gravity or mains fed system?

if gravity fed then you could fit a pump - seek pro advice on siting and installation.

if mains fed then you clearly have low mains pressure and the only option will be to change the taps for something that works better on the pressure available.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:37 pm

What type of system ? combi ? etc

Exactly as you've said - put up with it, or go back to the old taps. They cause many problems particularly with the flow rate from combi's.

htg

PeterRS
Labourer
Labourer

by PeterRS » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:05 am

[quote="chris_on_tour2002"]waterfall taps, as with many types of fancy modern taps, do need good pressure to work properly and create the desired effect.

do you have a gravity or mains fed system?

if gravity fed then you could fit a pump - seek pro advice on siting and installation.

if mains fed then you clearly have low mains pressure and the only option will be to change the taps for something that works better on the pressure available.[/quote]

thanks for that -
We are mains fed but are capped at 110 pressure because of the water softener so there doesn't seem to be much alternative but to change it.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:45 pm

can't believe i never made this connection when i first read the post - we actually have a waterfall tap on our bath, running from the mains with a water softener.

sorry i can't remember the brand of the tap that i installed but clearly there are waterfall taps that could work on your system if you wanted to stick with that type of device. ours works well, not great but good.

if you know your water pressure then it always pays to check the specification of taps/showers etc before purchasing, a minimum operating pressure will usually be stated in the blurb.

also check the ability of your boiler in terms of output.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:28 pm