Postby aaron » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:06 am

iv,e just recently got my house dashed with a small round shingle type stone ,can anyone tell me is there something you can spray on it to help hold the stones in place
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:40 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:14 am

If the stones are coming off it has not been applied correctly. You could spray paint the surface with a masonry paint but you must make sure all exposed surfaces are sealed.
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby the specialist » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:28 am

If it was recently dashed it is common to lose some stones as these stones are not embedded in the cement render but are sat on stones which are. If this is the case it should settle down soon.

If however the stones are falling of and leaving bare patches then it was not done right and you should contct the person who did it.

I think painting over it will not stick the stones to the wall and in any event unless you spray it you will just knock more stones off.

I presume you did not want to have to paint it in the first place.

the specialist
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:16 am

Postby TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:59 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.
Site Admin
Posts: 1382
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:17 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by