wc nightmare
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bazza
Ganger
Ganger

wc nightmare

by bazza » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:17 pm

hi guys hav any of you worked on a american toilet ive just fitted one but the push button dosnt reach wen lids on to operate the flush i tried adjusting the height of the siphon but wen you go higher it wont fill up just goes straight into pan so i thought id replace the siphon with a brittish one problem is the siphon and valve are one unit connected together with a braided filling hose so thought id change the valve for a normal one too went to fit new valve and the hole isnt big enough its to small to accept 1/2in bsp is it possible to drill a larger hole into the bottom of the pan or is it likely to brake it thanx ps crazy thing is the toilet is american but all the instructions are in chinese not one word in english and the drawing suggests its piped up in 10mm ive never seen a wc like this hope someone can help cheers guys bazza

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:12 pm

"the hole isnt big enough its to small to accept 1/2in bsp is it possible to drill a larger hole into the bottom of the pan or is it likely to brake it"

Drill hole in pan ? do you mean cistern

Alot of foreign plumbing uses 12mm pipe and fittings - you can get 15mm to 12mm reducers - would that help ??

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

by bazza » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:12 pm

hi htg engineer sorry my mistake yes i did meen cistern oops: ah ah ye i got a 15 to 12mm reducer and connecting it wasnt a problem and now ive changed the siphon getting it to flush is ok to its just the braided type filling hose inside the cistern which is connected to the valve is held in place by a plastic hook on a circular fitting which sits inside the top of the overflow pipe therefor blocking the overflow which is wat i am now worried about thats why i want to change the valve for a standard torbeck but the hole isnt big enough and a freind of mine has some diamond tip drill bits for cutting porcalene and glass so wud it be ok to drill cistern or not reccomended. hope this makes sense the toilet is working fine now but if the valve ever fails thers nowhere for the water to go except over the top and flooding the house and thats wat im worried about cheers mate bazza

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:22 pm

I wouldn't like to try drilling it.

Is the hose completely blocking the overflow - surprised it's not an internal overflow as most new cisterns are.

Have you searched the internet for a syphon for that style of cistern with an internal overflow ?

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

by bazza » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:12 pm

hi again htg engineer this may be a very stupid question and me being really thick but the syphon i fitted has an internal overflow and its that wat i am blocking to fit that fitting so wen you say is the cistern not a internal overflow what do you mean cause i thought all internal overflows were attached to the syphon ? sorry in advance if its a stupid question look 4ward to your reply cheers mate bazza

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1