Wet Paint Peeling off Right Back to Bare Plaster
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

Jessmcelvaney
Labourer
Labourer

Wet Paint Peeling off Right Back to Bare Plaster

by Jessmcelvaney » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Hope someone can help.

So we bought a house a few years ago from a property developer. It looks like a magnolia bomb has gone off in every room. Was OK at first but looking very grotty now!!

We decorated two rooms in the house so far and have been faced with the same problem both times.
As soon as we paint the walls, and the fresh paint starts to dry, it just starts to peel off like wallpaper in big strips!! It peels off every layer of magnolia underneath and right back to bare plaster.

When we were decorating the bedroom before our baby arrived, we ended up having to steam every inch of the walls with a wallpaper remover and scrape it off. It was SO messy.
We always ensure we do a thin watered down undercoat first but that doesn't seem to help.

Our front room really needs decorating but I don't know if I have it in me now to do it!!!!! It's so messy!! Does anyone know why this is happening or how we can prevent it.

It is currently Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:46 am