what 30 kw kitchen unit fit boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
simbo
Labourer
Labourer

what 30 kw kitchen unit fit boiler

by simbo » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:24 pm

hi all i want to fit a 30 kw boiler that fits in a standard wall unit was looking at the potterton promax he but there seams to be a lot of problems with potterton boilers

any other sugestions

cheers david

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:19 pm

Potterton Promax is a decent boiler I've worked on quite a few and haven't had any major problems, any from the Baxi range will be a similar size to the promax.

Others I would recommend are Vaillant, Worcester.

Stay away from Vokera, Ideal, any Wickes and B&Q specials.

hope this helps

simbo
Labourer
Labourer

by simbo » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:26 pm

thanks for the reply but do the potterton promax not get the same pcb problems as the other potterton ones ?

the plumber is wanting me to go for the wocester cdi 30 but it quite a big boiler

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:33 pm

I think you're thinking of the Potterton Suprima - nightmare for PCB faults. I think it was on watchdog or something for the number of complaints it received.

I have worked on and installed quite a few Promax's and have only ever passed one back to the manufacturer for a new PCB.

Worcester are a good make, the older ones were a nightmare for changing parts, as everything was in front of everything else, but i think they're alot better now.

Sometimes you get a problem boiler though that you're back to every couple of months, could be a Potterton could be a Worcester, probably the way they've been stored or part of a faulty batch.

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

by DONFRAMAC » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:55 am

There is a revised PCB now for the SUPRIMA.
Storage conditions can cause corrosion in PCB's at solder joints, just moisture to blame, activating residual flux.
I now have a Potterton Promax 28HE+, which I am assured is about as good as you can get at the price.
I would have preferred a Worcester Greenstar, or a Megaflo type system, with stainless-steel condenser in the condensing combi.
The Scottish Executive grant system gives people no choice in this respect.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1