what boiler can I have
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
grayharwood
Labourer
Labourer

what boiler can I have

by grayharwood » Tue May 08, 2007 11:53 am

I HAVE A STANDARD BOILER AT PRESENT. I NEED TO REPLACE IT BUT CANNOT RUN A 22 MM GAS PIPE THROUGH THE HOUSE AS I WILL HAVE TO RIP UP NEW WOODEN FLOORING AND NEW BUILT IN WARDROBES. IS THERE ANY WAY AROUND IT BY STILL USING THE 15MM PIPE ALREADY IN PLACE?

thedoctor3
Tradesman
Tradesman

by thedoctor3 » Tue May 08, 2007 3:13 pm

Check that you need a 22mm supply to your new boiler? Gas mains into a house are usuarly 22mm thats because it may have to feed more than one appliance. You may be lucky.

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION.

grayharwood
Labourer
Labourer

by grayharwood » Tue May 08, 2007 5:28 pm

Many thanks. Im told all new condensing boilers have a 22mm gas feed. Can have my boiler replaced with a combination boiler or will the regs not allow me to?

grayharwood
Labourer
Labourer

by grayharwood » Tue May 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Many thanks. Im told all new condensing boilers have a 22mm gas feed. Can have my boiler replaced with a combination boiler or will the regs not allow me to?

Paul Pepper
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Paul Pepper » Sun May 13, 2007 3:37 pm

Not down to any regs other than those regarding pressure loss. The further the boiler from the gas meter, the larger the interconnecting pipework needs to be in order to cope with the pressure loss. The majority of boiler manufacturers do require a 22mm supply, but not all. Had you considered running the gas supply up the outside wall, into the loft space and then down to the boiler? Would eliminate the need to destroy new floors!
Paul

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1