What boiler should i get?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
m7ohn
Tradesman
Tradesman

What boiler should i get?

by m7ohn » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:21 am

Hello. I currently have an old Worcester 350 combi boiler and would like to replace it with a new condensation boiler.
I live in a 2 bedroom house with one bathroom and 5 radiators throughout the house.
Before i start phoning round for quotes is there a new Worcester boiler i can buy that will fit into the same footprint of my old one? ie. all service pipes will line up with minimum re routing. Also the flue pipe on my old bolier goes straight through the wall directly from the rear of the boiler, so ideally i don't want to be making another hole in my wall. Directly above the boiler is the roof so a vertical flue kit with flashing would be fine.
Many thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:08 pm

m7ohn,
If there is nothing wrong with your existing boiler I would suggest you get your service engineer to sniff the flue gases and measure the efficiency.
Compare this with the efficiency of a new boiler and you will then be able to make a informed decision as to whether replacement is worth it.
end

m7ohn
Tradesman
Tradesman

by m7ohn » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:40 pm

It's been playing up a bit recently and the missus wants it changed.

Have had the overheat thermostat tripping alot lately. Trying to find out under what condition it's tripping and what frequency.

I don't live in the house it's located anymore so difficult to monitor.

Cheers

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:38 pm

m7ohn,
Can't help any further. You could try getting hold of the manuals for the boilers and they should specify connection positions.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:32 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:00 am