What can I do to make the bubbles go away without stripping the wallpaper?

Postby shizana » Tue May 15, 2007 12:33 pm

I've just painted over some wallpaper - which was previously painted over - and it has started bubbling .. what can I do to make the bubbles go away without stripping the wallpaper
shizana
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Wed May 16, 2007 2:47 pm

Leave it a while and hope the bubbles go back. If they dont it might be possible to slice through the bubbles with a very sharp hobby knife, then apply some PVA adhesive to the wall and push the paper back. See our project on PVA via the projects link above.
thedoctor

Postby shizana » Wed May 16, 2007 4:24 pm

thanks .. actually I left it over night and it's a lot better now .. most of the bubbles have flattened and the others don't look that bad now .. I was told that it happens if you paint over silk paint .. you're supposed to sand it down first to get the sheen off ..
shizana
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!