What do you think?

Postby j5-payne » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:25 am

I want to be a carpenter but i don't know what to do. Should i try and find an apprenticeship somewhere or go to this workshop and practice being a joiner?

The year long course offers:

Woodworking Courses
Woodwork Training
Furniture Classes
Carpentry Training Courses
Cabinet Making Classes
Furniture Training Schools
Furniture Making Training

Can someone check out: williamsandcleal.co.uk and see what they think and get back to me.
j5-payne
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby TheDeeJoiner911 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi there. I've just recently served my time as a Joiner. I've read about your course on the website and would advise you against it. I believe the best way to pick up a trade is by an apprenticeship. It's 3 years, a job and you get both the theory side and the on-site side- whereas with this course you don't. There is also a smaller demand for crafted carpentry than there is site and maintenance joinery.

Depending on your age i would highly recommend an apprenticeship- preferrably through CITB.

If you've any questions just give me an e-mail. I'd be happy to help.
TheDeeJoiner911
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!