What Does the SJ4000 215 V142 Camera Blue LED Mean?
Help and advice on software, hardware, configuration and general computing issues and problems

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

What Does the SJ4000 215 V142 Camera Blue LED Mean?

by ericmark » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:35 am

It would seem there are many versions of the SJ4000 camera. The instructions with mine are rather lacking. Next to the OK button, which it what they call the shutter release there is a duel LED red and blue some functions I have worked out.
1) Red dim = camera in stand-by.
2) Red bright = camera charging.
3) Blue flashing = recording video.
But I have also had a solid blue light, first time it was when powered up with no card as a web cam, second was again connected to PC card in and the whole unit was non responsive needed to remove and refit battery. Instructions do not even talk about the LED next to OK button.

I would seem the instructions do not match the camera. It refers to a G SENSOR which does not exist, And also being 3 or 5 Mp in still mode where it is really 32 or 80 Kp. It also claims 140° degrees, comparing to DSLR it would seem it is more like 50° degrees similar to a 50mm lens on a 35mm film camera.

Some of the phrases take some working out, "Cyclic Record" it seems means it stops and auto restarts to record every 3, 5, or 10 minutes it seems idea is when using as a dash cam it auto replaces the oldest recording as the card fills up.

It was cheap, so can't really complain, I realise some of the problems I was having was due to using a Class 4 Micro SD card instead of a Class 10 reducing the resolution seems to have cured that problem. Clearly real cure is get a Class 10 card.

So has any one else got one and do you know what the solid blue light means?

agreen
Labourer
Labourer

Re: What Does the SJ4000 215 V142 Camera Blue LED Mean?

by agreen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:47 pm

Not related to your question, but have you tried using your SJ4000 as a dash camera. I did not notice a "CAR" mode in the menus.Thanks

Allan

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: What Does the SJ4000 215 V142 Camera Blue LED Mean?

by ericmark » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:10 pm

I used it on my push bike, and did try a few dash cam runs, however it seems to corrupt far too often, it was cheap, and clearly also nasty.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:01 am