What filler should I use???

Postby Greystone » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:28 pm

What should I use to fill uneven gaps between skirting board and a poorly laid ceramic tile floor? I have read a bit online and am thinking decorators caulk or silicone sealant, is one better than the other? To be honest i have never heard of decoraters caulk before?
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:11 pm


Simply Build It

Postby plumbbob » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Caulk is a flexible filler which when dry should be painted to match the surrounding décor. Silicone is a "rubberised" sealant that is waterproof when dry and cannot be painted. For floor edges it is better to use silicone because the floor can be washed without damaging the sealant. The downside is, when you next paint the skirting, it won't cover wherever the silicone is.

Caulk although flexible, is far less so than silicone.
Posts: 1870
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 9:59 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics