What Product to Seal Outer Wall to Stop Wet Patches on Internal Cavity Wall?

Postby DIYJC » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:30 pm

I am getting wet patches on my internal wall of a cavity wall when wind/rain is blowing in a particular direction. The cavity has been filled with insulation at some point; I have removed a brick from the outside wall and the insulation feels dry but the back of the bricks on the outside wall were wet. Reading through previous posts I understand water is being transferred across the cavity via the wall ties. A tradesman said he had sealed the wall but I'm not so sure he has or maybe not applied enough. For my own piece of mind I thought I would attempt to seal the wall again.
Can anyone advise on what to use and how to apply it?
DIYJC
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:47 am

try aquaseal a silicone based product that can be applied with a brush or spraygun
welsh brickie

Postby thedoctor » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Repoint the wall properly. If its the bricks themselves that are too porous then Welsh Brickie is right and you should try ths Thompsons Water seal http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-superst ... litre.html
thedoctor

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!