What Product to Seal Outer Wall to Stop Wet Patches on Internal Cavity Wall?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DIYJC
Apprentice
Apprentice

What Product to Seal Outer Wall to Stop Wet Patches on Internal Cavity Wall?

Post by DIYJC » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:30 pm

I am getting wet patches on my internal wall of a cavity wall when wind/rain is blowing in a particular direction. The cavity has been filled with insulation at some point; I have removed a brick from the outside wall and the insulation feels dry but the back of the bricks on the outside wall were wet. Reading through previous posts I understand water is being transferred across the cavity via the wall ties. A tradesman said he had sealed the wall but I'm not so sure he has or maybe not applied enough. For my own piece of mind I thought I would attempt to seal the wall again.
Can anyone advise on what to use and how to apply it?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: What Product to Seal Outer Wall to Stop Wet Patches on Internal Cavity Wall?

Post by welsh brickie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:47 am

try aquaseal a silicone based product that can be applied with a brush or spraygun

thedoctor

Re: What Product to Seal Outer Wall to Stop Wet Patches on Internal Cavity Wall?

Post by thedoctor » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Repoint the wall properly. If its the bricks themselves that are too porous then Welsh Brickie is right and you should try ths Thompsons Water seal https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/DIY-superst ... litre.html

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:32 pm