What pump options
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SimonSlimbit
Labourer
Labourer

What pump options

by SimonSlimbit » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Sorry if this question has been answered a zillion times on the forum, but...

Hot water supply is gravity fed with a cold-water cistern in the ceiling. The bath and shower (which is above the bath) are fed by a common feed with the cold running 15 mm and the hot 22mm, though this has been reduced to 15mm before the shower bar. The bath tap supply (mixer tap) has just been tee'd off the inlet.

I believe the shower bar is thermostatic, low pressure, Bristan (those are the instructions I found when I moved in).

You've probably guessed what the problem is. Not enough hot water pressure. We can get a weak, hot shower if we run all the cold taps in the bathroom.

What's the quickest and easiest way to correct this or at least give me a half decent working shower? I was thinking of installing a single pump on the hot supply - I reckon there's about 1 meter positive head (1 bar?) and a non-return valve between the pump and the shower.

Advice please? If pump is the best option, what's the quietest for less than £250. I have easy access to a fused spur so wiring it in is no problem and I'd probably want to site it under the head of the bath. Unfortunately my airing cupboard is in my daughter's bedroom.

SimonSlimbit
Labourer
Labourer

Re: What pump options

by SimonSlimbit » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:14 pm

1 metre/ 0.1 bar?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:11 pm