What type of damp proof solution to inject?

Postby Danjam10 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:49 pm

I have a late victorian terrace house with significant rising damp issues in the kitchen (ground floor). I have had damp proof people round who would inject a damp proof course and replaster but their charges are high - so i plan to do this myself.

I plan to hire an injection pump, but i can't get any sensible advice on which fluid or cream to use. I'm sure there are good and bad products. Triton products were suggested by a damp proof guy - but i don't think they sell direct. Any advice on what to use or avoid would be really appreciated.
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:42 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:10 pm

From experience my preference is the clear solvent based silicone fluid, I am sure others will advise different products.
Posts: 2715
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Postby Danjam10 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks Stoneyboy

In the end having spoken to some of the manufacturers i went for Dryzone cream - which i bought a gun and cartridges for. Not super cheap but the advice was that this was as effective as a pump treatment and easier for the first timer to apply. Plus - now i have the gun i will be able (as i'm sure i'll need to elsewhere in the house) buy more cartridges and treat other areas at a later point.

I'll report back on results in a month or so.
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:42 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics