What would make a shower curtain pull into the tub when you
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
deviddiya
Labourer
Labourer

What would make a shower curtain pull into the tub when you

Post by deviddiya » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:31 pm

The shower curtain doesn't move while the water is off but when you turn on the shower the shower curtain is drawn toward you.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: What would make a shower curtain pull into the tub when

Post by plumbbob » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:49 am

When the shower is operated, the spray pattern quickly warms a large area of air. Hot air as we know rises causing an updraft in the shower area. Consequently air will be drawn in at low level which can cause the curtain to be drawn in.

GrandTaps
Labourer
Labourer

Post by GrandTaps » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:31 am

Mine used to do that too, what a pain having the curtain stick to you. And it is worse when the bathroom is colder because the diff in temp is greater inside vs outside. I sorted mine out by weighting the bottom with decorative table cloth weights. You could also try those sucker cup things but the best long term solution is to add a shower panel

harrisonnathan63
Labourer
Labourer

Post by harrisonnathan63 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:55 am

There are many ways to make the curtain pull into tub and any of them can be used as well. Weighted curtains can be used as a solution or if the tub is cast iron magnets can be used as well. Raising the shower curtain just a couple of inches below the edge of the tub are also beneficial. Buying plastic liner having weights in the bottom edge can be considered as well.

ShowerTech
Labourer
Labourer

Post by ShowerTech » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:04 pm

A good quality, well weighted shower curtain will not be dragged in by the shower draw. The thread count in a shower curtain can be a good sign of quality, a high thread count should stop 'misting' come through the material if you have a power shower.
Or, you could install a glass shower screen, or is that sort of talk frowned upon?

surd100
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: What would make a shower curtain pull into the tub when you

Post by surd100 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:48 pm

Anticipating this problem with my bath's shower curtain, I tried mounting the curtain's rail directly above the outermost side edge of the tub. The curtain is light and has no edge weights, yet remains snug against the bath wall during showering.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:18 pm